Hello 2017 and hello Food 'n Flix Clubbers! I'm excited to be kicking off yet another year of movie inspired food with something fun and light, one of my all-time favorite rom-coms, the 1995 flick, French Kiss! You've probably noticed that this post is a bit more than my regular monthly announcement, and that's because I thought it would be fun to host right here at home base every once in a while.
French Kiss stars Meg Ryan as Kate, the tightly-wound, straight-as-an-arrow history teacher living the life she'd always imagined with her fiance Charlie (played by Timothy Hutton) in Canada. Charlie asks Kate to go with him on a work trip to Paris, but Kate opts to stay home and secure her dream home and finish planning their wedding.
Kate's world is shattered when Charlie calls to tell her that he's fallen in love and won't be coming home. She musters up the courage to hop on a flight to Paris, where she is seated next to Luc (played by Kevin Kline), a French thief, who annoys her to no end and stashes something he has stolen in her bag.
Once in Paris, Kate sets her mind to winning back Charlie, and Luc sets his mind to retrieving his stashed goods. Romance and comedy ensue. Plus, the majority is actually filmed in France, so there's some beautiful scenery. This isn't a particularly food-heavy film, but there are a few scenes that will offer obvious inspiration, and hopefully a whole movies worth of ideas to draw from (location, location, location!).
I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with this month. If you're a blogger or have an instagram account, you are welcome to join us!
How to participate in Food 'n Flix:
- Watch French Kiss. Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something.
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS POST. Use of the logo is optional (but you can grab the code here to insert it easily into your post if you'd like to use it).
- Alternately, post a photo of the dish you made on Instagram (public accounts only). You must include the following in your caption: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix and tag me (@roadstokitchen).
- You must post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don't mind if your post is linked to other events...the more the merrier.
- Have fun with it!
- Email your entries - blog or instagram - to me at "firstname.lastname@example.org" and include:
-name of blog as you want it written (or Instagram account if your entry is there)
-name of the dish/drink you created AND a direct link to your post (blog or Instagram)
-attach a photo or give permission to pull one from your post
-indicate "Food 'n Flix Submission" in the subject line