How to Participate in the Food 'n Flix Club:
- Watch the chosen film for the month. Buy it, rent it, borrow it - matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you've seen it before, try watching it again with your "foodie" glasses on.
- Take note of food references. Physically or mentally. It could be food the characters are eating or cooking, food in the background, or food in the dialogue. But it could also just be something that brings food to your mind: a location, a sign, a play on words. There are no boundaries to inspiration.
- Make a recipe inspired by the movie and write a blog post about it. Be sure to include a recipe or tutorial and at least one photograph. Talk a little bit about the movie - why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it's okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun - getting so many different opinions and thoughts on the same film.
- Include a link back to the Host's Announcement post and the Food 'n Flix website somewhere in your post. Use of logo is optional.
- Not sure how to link back? Feel free to use this phrase in your post: Want to participate in Food 'n Flix? Check out this month's announcement post at _____ and drop by the Food 'n Flix site to learn more!
- Email your submission to the host and cc "email@example.com" by the due date specified in their announcement post (which will also include specifics like their email address).
- Your post must be current (during month posted) and PLEASE do not link up if you don't talk at least briefly about the chosen film in your post. We're watching the movies and bringing them into the kitchen, so tell us your inspiration for your dish!
- Interact with other Food 'n Flix Club participants! Drop by the other participant's post to see what they thought of the movie and what it inspired them to make that month. Leave a comment when you have a moment and/or give a social media shout-out. Remember, it's about the movie...but it's also about watching and cooking and talking it out!
- NEW! (as of 8/17/16) Participate via Instagram: follow all of the same rules as above, but instead of posting on your blog (if you don't have one, are taking a blogging break, or just don't have time to write a blog post), share your photo via Instagram. Your Instagram account must be public and you must include the following IN YOUR CAPTION: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix, tag current host (if they are on Instagram).
Please ask if you have any questions or want anything clarified. There may be others wondering the same thing. Just leave a comment or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll be glad to answer back!