Hosts for Food 'n Flix MUST:
- Publish an announcement post (example follows) on their blog on the 1st day of their hosting month. It should contain a link to the Food 'n Flix website (that's here), your movie pick and a little (or big) introduction to that film, a date that submissions are due.
- Send Heather a link to your announcement post once it is live (or scheduled).
- Acknowledge each submission by shooting back a quick "thanks" email in response or commenting right away on the post. This gives the participant peace of mind that you received their submission.
- Post a roundup of all of the submissions on your blog that contains the name of each person's submission, a link directly to their post, and a photo from that post by the last day of your hosting month. It should also contain a link to the Food 'n Flix website and a mention of who will be hosting the following month and their pick.
- Send an email (separate or as a group) to all of the people who participated during the month letting them know the roundup is live (include a link to the roundup).
- Have fun with it. Not every movie is going to be everybody's cup of tea - and that's okay. (What fun would it be if we all had the same reaction to every film we watched?)
Example of an ANNOUNCEMENT post:(This is just an example, you do not have to use this form, but you should lay out what you require of participants. You may copy and paste, if you wish.)
How to participate in Food 'n Flix:
- Watch the chosen film (___________). Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something.
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS post and a link to Food 'n Flix. Use of the logo is optional.
- Alternately, post a photo of the dish you made on Instagram (public accounts only). You must include the following in your caption: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix and tag (@inserthostname).
- You must post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don't mind if your post is linked to other events...the more the merrier.
- Have fun with it!
- Email your entries - blog or instagram - to me at ___ and cc "email@example.com" and include:
-name of blog as you want it written (or Instagram account, if your submission is there)
-name of the dish/drink you created AND a direct link to your post (blog or Instagram)
-attach a photo or give permission to pull one from your post
-indicate "Food 'n Flix Submission" in the subject line
Deadline for submission is: ____________
- If you can't schedule or post your announcement on the first day of your hosting month, please let Heather know.
- Give a little teaser of the film you've chosen to get people interested in watching it.
- Direct people to the "How to Participate Page" if necessary.
- Add link(s) to where people can purchase or rent the movie (Amazon, etc)
- Share and shout-out to those who have submitted on social media using #FoodnFlix - drum up some interest and discussion!
Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. I will also post monthly here adding a link to your announcement post and your roundup...plus, you'll be listed in the Hosting Schedule.